History

1917

Company founded in Bützberg. Produces leather and floor care products.

1938

 Company renamed Bucher & Cie AG

1944

Relocates from Bützberg to Langenthal, moving into the first company building in the current industrial zone.

1947

The REX brand gives way to MOTOREX. Lubricants and technical chemical products are now successfully developed, produced and sold under the new brand. 

1956

MOTOREX launches the first of its advertising campaigns, placing a full-page advertisement in a local newspaper.

1974

After completing the base oil tank in front of the company offices in Langenthal, MOTOREX now owns the largest tank storage facility in Switzerland. 

1979

In order to expand its range of products, the first used aerosol filling plant is purchased, still requiring a lot of manual labour. Before production can start, however, work begins on designing the packaging and labelling for the new sprays.

1981

The first issue of the MOTOREX Revue (known today as MOTOREX Magazine) is published. Read the full issue here.

1987

The new technological MC motor oils for passenger and commercial vehicles are launched, considered leading products for their quality. The first MOTOREX TV advertisements is created for successful marketing. 

1990

The famous green MOTOREX logo is introduced.

1997

The brand consolidates its presence in the world of motor sports. We have celebrated around 100 world championship titles so far thanks to our numerous sponsorship partners. 

1999

Helen Bucher (former Chairman of the Board of Directors) is awarded the "Prix Veuve Clicquot" as businesswoman of the year 1999.

2001

The revolutionary 1-litre "elephant trunk" bottle is launched, marking a major achievement for MOTOREX. The advanced design amazes customers across the board and is awarded the following four prizes:

  • SWISS STAR 2000 of the Swiss packaging industry
  • Swiss Packaging Institute (SVI) design prize (design category)
  • EURO STAR 2000
  • WORLD STAR 2001
2003

Achieving our goals together! This was our slogan when we concluded a cooperation agreement with KTM. The partnership is stronger today than ever before and spans all our projects (all kinds of KTM products including the KTM X-BOW and racing series).

2009

The company deploys its first sales team abroad in the form of MOTOREX Deutschland AG. More follow: 2010 MOTOREX Österreich; 2011 MOTOREX Nordic (Sweden); 2014 SAV MOTOREX Deutschland (two-wheel only); 2014 acquisition of YORK (France)

2012

MOTOREX launches the fuel-saving and low-emission motor oil NEXUS FE SAE 5W/30 for heavy diesel engines. 

2014

MOTOREX ensures green high performance and brings a quickly biodegradable hydraulic oil onto the market in the form of the OEKOSYNT HEES.

2016

Construction work begins on a new production and office building in Langenthal.

2017

The family-owned company celebrates its centenary and proudly markets itself as the biggest manufacturer of lubricants in Switzerland.