ALPINE CABLE PROTECT
ALPINE CABLE PROTECT is a special re-greasing agent for ropes that efficiently protects wire ropes of ropeways against the effects of weather and wear, thereby increasing the service life of the rope. The product is pre-diluted with a special solvent in the factory, resulting in very good application. Once the solvent has evaporated, a thin, incredibly adhesive, water-repellent protective film is formed.
Field of application
ALPINE CABLE PROTECT is used on wire ropes of ropeways, ski lifts or material haulage tracks.
- EN standard 12385-8 Annex A
- DSB 80
Storage: well sealed, dry and cool. The product must be applied in the shortest amount of time possible. If necessary, thin with ALPINE CABLE SOLVENT only.
Nice to know
- prevents the corrosion and inner wear of wire ropes.
- extends the service life of wire rope.
- neutral in contact with the most common wire rope sheaves and traction sheaves
- fully compatible with common basic rope lubricants
- To be applied sparingly just once or twice a year.
ALPINE CABLE PROTECT must only be applied to dry and clean wire ropes. The product must be applied using a sprayer at temperatures of >+10°C. Before the system is put into operation, observe the evaporation time for the solvent.
Requirement for stranded ropes: <30 g per m² of rope surface; requirement for fully locked track ropes: <15 g per m² of rope surface or in accordance with information provided by rope manufacturer and calculation formula.