COOL CONCENTRATE is a fully synthetic, water-miscible coolant concentrate. Its ingredients passivate the various materials used in a closed cooling circuit and provide protection against corrosion*. Mixed COOL-CONCENTRATE is a very efficient coolant with a specific heat of 4.1 J/g-K, which is virtually the same value as for water (4.187 J/g-K).
If rotary or swivel tables (i.e. slowly rotating or oscillating components) are cooled from the same coolant tank as the main spindle, we recommend the use of COOL-X AW which provides a higher lubrication capacity or the addition of the lubrication additive Lube 400 to the existing COOL-CONCENTRATE mixture.
Nice to know
- very efficient heat removal and consequently cooler spindle temperatures
- prevents electrochemical corrosion
- effective in protecting steel, aluminium and non-ferrous metals from corrosion*
- zinc-plated parts are not affected
- low maintenance
- compatibility with plastic materials and seals typically used in machine construction
- *Uncoated components made of grey cast or spheroidal cast iron in the cooling circuit can corrode if wetting is insufficient
When preparing the mixture with COOL CONCENTRATE, use only drinking water which does not exceed the following limits:
- water hardness max. 20°dH / 35°f/ 350 ppm
- chloride max. 100 ppm
- sulphate max. 100 ppm
Prepare a mixture of 11% with COOL CONCENTRATE. Only use clean containers for preparing the mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared cooling system immediately.
If these water values are outside the acceptable limits, the mixture must be prepared with demineralised water or MOTOREX COOL-X ready-mix must be used! Under optimum operating conditions and in compliance with the instructions for use, the COOL CONCENTRATE mixture can remain in use for up to 1 years.
An operating temperature of 20 - 25 °C protects elastomers very effectively in the long term.