MOTOREX COOL-X is a ready-to-use coolant for high-performance spindles.
Its ingredients passivate the various materials used in a closed cooling circuit and provide protection against corrosion. COOL-X is a very efficient coolant with a specific heat of 4.1 J/g-K, which is virtually the same value as for water (4.187 J/g-K).
If rotary or swivel tables (i.e. slowly rotating or oscillating components) are cooled from the same coolant tank as the main spindle, we recommend the use of COOL-X AW which provides a higher lubrication capacity or the addition of the lubrication additive Lube 400 to the existing COOL-X.
Nice to know
- ready to use
- very efficient heat removal and consequently cooler spindle temperatures
- prevents electrochemical corrosion
- effective in protecting steel, aluminium and non-ferrous metals from corrosion
- zinc-plated parts are not affected
- low maintenance
- compatibility with plastic materials and seals typically used in machine construction
- *Uncoated components made of grey cast or spheroidal cast iron in the cooling circuit can corrode if wetting is insufficient.
COOL-X is ready for use, concentration 11%. Do not add water. An operating temperature of 20 - 25 °C protects elastomers very effectively in the long term. Under optimum operating conditions and in compliance with the instructions for use, COOL-X can remain in use for up to 2 years.